Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Update

Hello friends and family!

Chad and I made it safely to, through and from Jamaica.  The boys survived the week without us and we are all happy to be back together again!  I never really knew how much I would be affected by a trip like this.  I have struggled since being back with what God's plan for myself and our family looks like.  I really did love Jamaica, and have felt a pull or tug for sometime now that where we live and what we do isn't our "forever place."  Chad and I are praying that we can discern the messages and feelings we have both been feeling in that regard.

The boys are loving summer!  They have had so much fun travelling, going to Boy Scout camp, swimming and going to VBS.  Matthew has filled up his reading chart for the summer and will get to go pick out a free book at Barnes & Noble!  He got his first filling in a baby molar last week and got his vision checked.  He did great - apparently he has a tongue that needs lasso-ing and does not need glasses!!  Ryan was finally able to see the Ear, Nose & Throat doc and he's looking forward to "all the ice cream and popsicles I want" in just 4 weeks.  :)  He'll have his tonsils and adenoids out on August 1, so hopefully the start to school won't be too rough on him.

I think that's about it for now.  It won't be too long til they are down in Kentucky again!!

Love,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment