Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Yes, so, Blogger has reminded me that I have not posted anything since August 2013.  Well, that's a bummer!  I really want to be more active on this to share fun news, serious bits and a lot about what we're up to!!

Here's a quick little update on us:  The dudes - big and all have been doing great!  We are really looking forward to summer vacation!!  I however, have been recovering from the onset of drug-induced lupus.  Yes, that's been as much fun as it sounds.  The good news is we know what we're dealing with now, stopping the bad drug, adding some new ones and moving on.  My heart, lungs & liver should be their old self again within 6-12 months.  Yippee!!

So, I have been doing a lot of research into eating more Paleo.  Not so much to drag my knuckles and beat Chad with a club (though that sounds like fun!), but to eat much cleaner, in hopes to be much healthier.  So tonight we had Zoodles (thank you nomnompaleo.com & Michelle Tam)!!  Let me tell you, the three dudes stood and watched me spriralize those zucchinis into beautifully weird looking noodles, scratching their heads that this would ever turn out okay!

So, while the zoodles were being manufactured, I browned some ground turkey and made a little pasta sauce simmer.  I nuked the zoodles for about 2 minutes and tossed them with a garlic butter sauce.  Voila!

As the skeptics took their places at the table, the little dudes ate their other veggies first, thinking the zoodle thing was just too weird.  The next thing you know, bowls were spinning and the big dude (and me) were going back for seconds!  Yes - SUCCESS!!!

Here's a peak at the spiral vegetable slicer I got myself for my birthday (thank you Amazon gift cards!!):  You can get yours here: http://www.amazon.com



And here's a peak at what my (very big) lunch for tomorrow looks like:



Well, that's about it for now!!  The big dude has been working hard getting the gardens going - I can't wait til stuff starts growing!!  There's nothing more awesome than a fresh cuke off the vine, just in time for dinner!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment